Re : Star Wars : The Old Republic.

Le monde des bisounours saignants
Grego
IWAT: I Was A Tearz

Ouarl a écrit : Pour en revenir à Star Wars, la dernière vidéo est evidemment bien fichue mais je préfèrais la 1ère quand même, plus audacieuse^^.
Mais le boss Sith qu'on voit est-il le même que dans la 1ère, sans son masque? On dirait bien mais d'un coté, on est pas sûr de sa survie donc...
Le sith est Darth Malgus, le même gars que dans le premier trailer. Cette vidéo explique notamment comment il en est arrivé à porter un masque etc. Donc ça se passe avant le traité.
Ouarl

Piccolo a écrit : Commentaire culturel avisé :
"Frazetta ça poutre !
Ah mais oui, je connais ses dessins, sont ultra connus!

Le sith est Darth Malgus, le même gars que dans le premier trailer. Cette vidéo explique notamment comment il en est arrivé à porter un masque etc. Donc ça se passe avant le traité.
Défaite donc! Mais alors, dans le jeu, le pouvoir est actuellement aux mains de ce sith?
Grego

Ouarl a écrit : Défaite donc! Mais alors, dans le jeu, le pouvoir est actuellement aux mains de ce sith?
J'ai pas compris ce que tu veux dire par là.

Au passage une interview (beaucoup de ref à WoW) :
Massively: So, Rich, we got a lot of question from the readers. We put a call out for questions. Hopefully we can get some of those answered.

Rich Vogel: What we try to do is not talk about things that are not finalized yet because we don't want to over-hype things. That's kind of why people are frustrated because we haven't revealed a lot. A lot of people hype things that just don't come to fruition and get people very frustrated.

Oh yeah, we see that.

We are trying to prevent that.

One of the things people have been asking -- especially since the ships came out yesterday -- can you fly them through the galaxy? Do you fly them? Can you go through space? How is space implemented in the game?

As far as space goes we are not talking much about that. We talk about the player ships. Every class will have their player ship. Which is really cool -- kind of their central base for things. That's pretty much where we like to have it because we are actually working right now on some cool stuff for space, and we'd rather talk about it when we get it finalized. If everyone thinks about Star Wars there are always components we have to have. We have ships! We may have other things.

Ooh... That sounds interesting. Now the ships, they are going to work like player housing, right?

They are bases for you very similar to player housing. We haven't talked much about customization. and the reason we [haven't] is because we haven't really implemented a lot of those systems in the game yet. We are working with other things with your spaceship other than that. About customization, you will have to wait and see. Other than player housing? Yeah, it's your base.

You can bring your friends in and socialize in your own personal little instance?

Yes. There will be places to go. Think of the map in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. That's kind of what our navigation will be for traveling around in your spaceship.

That sounds really cool. I love Mass Effect.

The ships are awesome, very unique for every class. It is a very good place for you to just hang out and just chill.

Now with the PvP War Zones, they are going to be instanced as well?

The PvP War Zones are very similar to what you see in WAR and WoW.

Will there be any instances of open PvP or is that something you have on your map?

Well, we haven't really talked much about that yet, but I'd rather not say much about that. But since other games have that, it's a likely assumption.

So you are looking at it?

We will have open PvP play and we will have instances, I'll just put it that way.

With instances, especially the storyline instances and housing instances, people are very concerned that this will be a single-player game with MMO features.

One of the things they are working very hard on is we have a lot of aspects in our design that encourage PUGs, pick-up groups. That is one of our main focuses. We believe if you have to go adventuring, it's with a smaller group. We feel that most people play with four to five people. That's what we like to design a lot of game mechanics around.

Will there be questing with small groups?

You'll be adventuring. You'll be adventuring with a party, absolutely.

Would it be required?

No, it's not required, but like anything you get better rewards. But it's not required. You can play our games single-player, like you can with WoW. The issue is we like to encourage people to group, and we'll have a lot of mechanics in our game that will actually do that.

Will the instances be scaling?

We are not quite ready to talk about that.

Raids were mentioned today, which will be high-end content. I know you can't talk too much about raids. Will they be integral to the storyline of the game? Will players find themselves being lead to them? Or will they be more stand-alone, you-can-do-them-if-you-wish?

You can do them if you wish. That's the way they're designed. In WoW you have your raids and they are scaled on basically what you're fighting, right? We will have areas like that in our game, scalable to different sized groups. Again, we are not forgetting the MMO. We are not Massively Multiplayer Single Player Game. That is not what we want. We have a lot of good mechanics to promote grouping, socializing, and we have crafting in our game, yes.

What does crafting entail? Is there going to be a lot of crafting, or is it going to be very focused?

The big thing about crafting is that it will support combat in our game and it is very important. We haven't talked much about crafting, but we will in the future. People will be pleased with what we are coming up with for crafting. I think very pleased actually. It will not be to the extent of some of the games out there, like [Star Wars] Galaxies. It will be very similar to what WoW has. But it has some really cool twists that WoW doesn't have that I think people will like.

Is it more action-y or something?

When I say crafting I mean it is just what you can make, right? Crafting is about the cool items people can make and the ability to sell. And some people really get into that. And people like me who don't want to grind sometimes go and make stuff and sell them on the auction house. That's how I get my money to go out and do things. I love crafting, and it's going to be an important part of our game.

Well thank you for your time today.

I wish I could give you more time today, but that's all I have.

Thank you, Rich!
D'autres vidéos :
http://www.youtube.com/realdarthhater

Ya eu une demo d'une partie en groupe avec soigneur et tout sauf que je ne la trouve pas, enfin voici déjà un compte rendu :
With these reveals out of the way, Blaine drove on to a live group combat demo. This combat demo consisted of a Republic group of four players, with each team member being one of the Republic classes. We were also told that each of these players would be filling a specific roll for the demo. Kako the Jedi Consular acted as the group's healer, Evan the Trooper acted as the tank, Lylora the Smuggler acted as both a crowd controller and back up healer, and Wynn the Jedi Knight acted as DPS and secondary tank.

After getting a briefing from a Mon Calamari commanding officer we learned that this group of players represented Havoc squad, implying this quest was a Trooper specific mission. Sith forces were boarding their Republic vessel and it was up to the players to keep the boarders at bay. The ensuing battle was an interesting mix of the single boss battles seen in other MMOs and the multiple weak-target combat we have seen in older TOR media. The Trooper, being the tank of the group, focused on engaging the larger targets while the agile Jedi Knight cut a swath through the smaller mobs threatening the group. On the other hand, the Smuggler and Consular were kept on their toes by controlling adds, assisting in burning down mobs, and healing their beefy counterparts.

Each class filled their niche in uniquely un-MMO ways. The Trooper held the attention of the larger mobs, but also appeared to do massive damage; this meat shield had spikes. The Consular did a great deal of healing but also had her lightsaber in hand, helping out with the overall damage. The Smuggler was safely hiding behind cover filling multiple rolls: including crowd control, damage, and healing. Finally, the Jedi Knight hammered down on the smaller mobs but also acted as a tank when a Sith "Lieutenant" ran around the corner, red lightsaber in hand. Each class appeared to fill not only a primary roll in the group, but also a secondary roll, making the combat appear versatile and dynamic.

D'autres infos en vrac, sur le gameplay :
When you die, you resurrect outside a small med center building in proximity to your bind station. You spawn with all equipment in hand -- no corpse run necessary.

Blaine Christine specifically mentioned PvP acquired armor sets in his presentation.

The group size in our demo was four players.

You acquire new skills through class trainers in the main quest hubs.

Class trainers are labeled "Elite."

Side quests did not seem to be class restricted.

You cannot initiate quest dialog if a nearby party member is in combat.

Certain quest givers may be contacted via HoloCom, which works the same as a normal cutscene.
More, including character sheet statistics...

A trade command and Lobby chat channel are available, but upon activating them we received a message that said "This function is not yet implemented."

Chiss and Human characters both had a /dance action available, and the dance was identical for both males and females.

Multiplayer dialog system allowes each player to choose their own response, and an automatic dice roll decides the winning choice.

If you are in a group and initiate a quest dialog, the other members in your group have two minutes to reach the conversation point. If they don't make it, you have the option to start the conversation without your groupmates.

For non-instanced quest givers, the NPC doesn't move around much. Instanced quest givers tended to have elaborate cut scenes where they interact with the environment.

Mobs have a leash radius, and some did manage to evade us.

If you right click on an inventory item with a vendor trade window open, the item is sold. Values are in single credits with no fractional amounts.

Auto-run is available.

The taxi system was similar to World of Warcraft's gryphons. You pay a small fee and are transported from Station A to Station B.

The character creation screen was very similar to Dragon Age: Origins
The aggro indicator is blue when there is no aggro, yellow they are aware of you (mouseover status says "ALERTED") but not engaged, and red indicates in combat. The ranges for this varied depending on the type of mob.

For completing quests, you sometimes received items, money, alignment points, and experience points, or any combination therein.

For completing quests in a group, you received "Social Points." We don't know their purpose.
If a quest is instanced you enter a green portal. If you aren't eligible for the quest, the entrance is red.

All classes have a "Revive" ability, a 5s cast time, 10m range, no cooldown ability which can be used on a player or companion. The tooltip did not indicate if the ability is restricted to out of combat use.
You can inspect the gear of other players in your group from any distance, even if they're on a different planet.

You can inspect the gear of all other players in visual proximity. We don't know the maximum range of this.

In our groups the loot rules were "Round Robin" without a dice-rolling mechanic, and the credits looted were split equally among players in the group that were in proximity.
Loot was appropriate for what the mob would carry, such as a droid carrying a gun drops a gun (and often seemingly useless spare parts).

Personal Ships are described as a "base of operations" for the classes, groups, and companions.
Companions are seen in the "hanger," similar to the way that they are in the Mass Effect and KoTOR series.

A Dashade Companion and Human (looks like one of the lightly armored trooper concept art images) are seen in the background during the presentation.

Flytext seen during the gamplay hands on, works like scrolling combat text but more in the way of Borderlands where damage numbers pop out in different directions around the enemy as you damage them as well as yourself.

Preferences allowed for the customization of Flytext in similar ways of Scrolling Combat Text.
Preferences allowed for the adding of action bars, similar to the way they are added in the World of Warcraft default UI.

Les differentes stats des perso :
Base
Damage (Primary)
Bonus Damage
Critical Chance

PVP
Bonus Damage
Trauma Ignore
Critical Damage Reduction
Critical Chance Reduction
Damage Reduction

Tech
Bonus Damage
Bonus Healing
Critical Chance
Energy Regen Rating (in seconds)
Accuracy

Defense
Damage Reduction
Defense chance (percentage)
Glance chance (percentage)
Glance Absorption
Resistance
Dernière modification par Grego le juin 16, 2010, 2:56 pm, modifié 1 fois.
Ouarl

bin lorsqu'on évoluera dans le monde de The old republic, est-ce que le pouvoir à Coruscant sera entre les mains de Darth Malgus? De la même manière qu'Orgrimmar est contrôlée par Thrall et SW par Varian actuellement dans WoW.
Toxyn
Administrator

Dites moi les fous de starwars, ce jeu aura-t-il un intérêt pour les joueurs qui se tamponnent de toute l'histoire RP, de toute la fiction débile, des personnages sans aucun charisme, que représente SW ?
Propose-t-il un contenu pour joueur cherchant du challenge et du skill ou est-ce seulement pour les passionnés ? Merci.
Grego

Ouarl a écrit : bin lorsqu'on évoluera dans le monde de The old republic, est-ce que le pouvoir à Coruscant sera entre les mains de Darth Malgus? De la même manière qu'Orgrimmar est contrôlée par Thrall et SW par Varian actuellement dans WoW.
Waarl ! Quelle question ! T'as rien suivi de la trame !!!  :fouet

Non Coruscant appartient toujours à la République.

Cette attaque surprise était juste une intimidation de la part des Sith pour obtenir le maximum de la République lors des négociations sur le Traité. Les meilleurs (les plus aguerris on va dire) Jedis étaient avec la délégation pour le traité. Tout ça est détaillé dans les holonet, les biographies etc dans le site officiel.

Sinon j'ai trouvé une vidéo sur la demo de groupe :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_eU8lBx_lQ
Dernière modification par Grego le juin 16, 2010, 3:58 pm, modifié 1 fois.
Ouarl

Ahah <3

Bin tant que le jeu n'est pas sorti, et c'est théoriquement pas avant encore un an, il est difficile de te répondre.
Grego et Kao en savent p'tet plus.
Waarl ! Quelle question ! T'as rien suivi de la trame !!! 

Cette attaque surprise était juste une intimidation de la part des Sith pour obtenir le maximum de la République lors des négociations sur le Traité. Les meilleurs (les plus aguerris on va dire) Jedis étaient avec la délégation pour le traité. Tout ça est détaillé dans les holonet, les biographies etc dans le site officiel.
Non j'avoue, et j'ai pas eu de bons echos du webcomic alors bon... Je suis surtout vos infos à vous ^^

Quant à cette "intimidation", c'est du costaud quand même ... (Ce sont des siths tu me diras!)
Grego

Toxyn a écrit : Dites moi les fous de starwars, ce jeu aura-t-il un intérêt pour les joueurs qui se tamponnent de toute l'histoire RP, de toute la fiction débile, des personnages sans aucun charisme, que représente SW ?
Propose-t-il un contenu pour joueur cherchant du challenge et du skill ou est-ce seulement pour les passionnés ? Merci.
Non, tout le système de progression/quête etc est basé sur une histoire, est basé sur tes choix au niveau de tes dialogues avec les NPC etc. Comme dans KOTOR ou mass effect.

Si t'es pas vraiment intéressé par l'histoire (ne serait ce que de ton perso), tu peux aller voir ailleurs.

Ce n'est d'ailleurs pas que pour les fans, mais tu peux pas y jouer en ignorant délibérément la trame. C'est pas comme dans WoW où tu peux te contenter de lire les objectifs de quêtes et de les faire. Là tu seras obligé de prendre des décisions par rapport aux quêtes qui influenceront le reste de ta progression et ta relations avec les autres au sein de ta faction.

Quant au challenge et au skill, personne ne peut répondre maintenant.
Dernière modification par Grego le juin 16, 2010, 3:11 pm, modifié 1 fois.
Grego

Ouarl a écrit : Ahah <3

Bin tant que le jeu n'est pas sorti, et c'est théoriquement pas avant encore un an, il est difficile de te répondre.
Grego et Kao en savent p'tet plus.
Waarl ! Quelle question ! T'as rien suivi de la trame !!! 

Non j'avoue, et j'ai pas eu de bons echos du webcomic alors bon... Je suis surtout vos infos à vous ^^

Quant à cette "intimidation", c'est du costaud quand même ... (Ce sont des siths tu me diras!)
Le premier webcomic est horrible à lire et n'a que peu d'intérêts. Le 2e est beaucoup plus sympa et beau. Tout ce que je t'ai dit ne vient même pas du webcomic.
Toxyn
Administrator

Ok, merci
Minicouette

Ouais je m'attendais à ça Grego...Perso, ce qui m'attire dans un mmo, c'est le challenge pve en groupes. Comme Tox, le rp je m'en fous. Je joue depuis 5 ans à wow sans savoir qui est arthas ou illidan donc bon :p
Imo, pas pour moi ce jeu de starwars même si j'ai assez aimé la trilogie en films.
Grego

Minicouette a écrit : Ouais je m'attendais à ça Grego...Perso, ce qui m'attire dans un mmo, c'est le challenge pve en groupes. Comme Tox, le rp je m'en fous. Je joue depuis 5 ans à wow sans savoir qui est arthas ou illidan donc bon :p
Imo, pas pour moi ce jeu de starwars même si j'ai assez aimé la trilogie en films.
Encore une fois, on ne peut pas savoir si le défi est suffisamment intéressant en "pve".

En ce qui concerne la progression du perso et interactions, si t'as déjà joué à KOTOR (Knights of The Old Republic) et à mass effect je pense que tu peux avoir déjà une idée de ce qui t'attend.

T'es sérieux concernant Arthas ? xD
Minicouette

Ouais j'ai joué à kotor 1 et mass effect 2. C'est sympa en solo mais je risque d'être déçu du contenu pve sachant que je suis plutot "fan" du système pve de wow (classes spécialisées dans un rôle précis, boss, strats, loots).
Après, comme tu dis, on n'a pas encore énormément d'infos sur le contenu pve du jeu donc wait and see mais je ne vois pas de classes healeurs :P
Ca risque d'être sympa peut-être en mode solo mais pas vraiment envie de payer un abo pour uniquement ça. J'ai peur que ce soit un jeu vraiment axé RP/personnages et que le pve soit considéré comme un simple "bonus" au contenu proposé.
Grego

Minicouette a écrit : Ouais j'ai joué à kotor 1 et mass effect 2. C'est sympa en solo mais je risque d'être déçu du contenu pve sachant que je suis plutot "fan" du système pve de wow (classes spécialisées dans un rôle précis, boss, strats, loots).
Après, comme tu dis, on n'a pas encore énormément d'infos sur le contenu pve du jeu donc wait and see mais je ne vois pas de classes healeurs :P
Ca risque d'être sympa peut-être en mode solo mais pas vraiment envie de payer un abo pour uniquement ça. J'ai peur que ce soit un jeu vraiment axé RP/personnages et que le pve soit considéré comme un simple "bonus" au contenu proposé.
Concernant Kotor, je pensais plutôt au système de "quête" et interactions. Dans le MMO il y a des spécialisations. Chaque classe possèdent 2 spécialisations avec chacune deux arbres avancées (+1 commun). Donc justement tu peux avoir un perso orienté soin (ex : jedi consulaire). Tu commences pas avec un gars et tu developpes n'importe quelles compétences comme dans KOTOR.

Dans un de mes posts précédents je me suis planté de vidéo concernant la demo de groupe, j'ai remplacé la vidéo. Mini tu peux voir dedans un exemple de combat en groupe avec des rôles pour chacun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_eU8lBx_lQ
Dernière modification par Grego le juin 16, 2010, 4:00 pm, modifié 1 fois.
Piccolo
Casual

Beaucoup de nouvelles intéressantes
Le vaisseau personnel, c'est une putain de bonne surprise. Je vois déjà mon jedi consulaire entouré de ses servantes twi'lek occupé à fabriquer des robots débiles dans son hangar.
De plus l'interview me rassure sur le côté multiplayer, je craignais que ça finisse en une espèce de mmo solo
Répondre